Tips on Selecting Really Great Books!
1. Look for books in Alexandria Researcher.
2. Read the summary on the inside flap. Does the book sound like something you would enjoy?
3. Look at the illustrations and skim the text. Do the words and pictures make an interesting combination?
4. Try the obvious. Look on the Hot Picks cart and check the books waiting to be shelved. You'll find some good choices here. Look at the new book displays as well. Especially if you read a lot.
5. Ask the librarian, who knows hundreds of great books and would be glad to make some suggestions.
6. Look at what your friends are reading. Ask them for recommendations.
7. Think about books that your teachers may have shared. Would you like to re-read a favorite?
8. Read other books written by your favorite authors.
9. Read about your hobbies or other special interests.
10. Browse through the non-fiction section. Somthing will certainly catch your eye here.
11. Read variations of your favorite folk and fairy tales.